Since my previous post on why we made the decision to change to cloth, I thought I should do a review on cloth diapers to help people make decisions. When I started CD-ing, it is quite hard to find good reviews on economical cloth diapers in Malaysia.
All the cloth diapers I’m reviewing are under RM50, because I simply won’t be able to justify the price of premium diapers. Designer prints, yes. They all end up being pooped on.
The brands that I’m reviewing are; TeddyGenius, Adora, Rumparooz, Bamboolite, Bayu diapers.
Baby’s profile: Sara, 6mo baby girl.
Build: Slim, slim waist with slight tummy. Medium thighs.
Wetting behaviour: Moderate
Part 1: OS Pocket Diapers
Pockets are close to disposable diapers. Except that there’s a pocket that you can insert an absorbent insert that’s gonna absorb all the moisture. The insert is inserted into the pocket because it can not touch baby’s skin. Below are the general pros & cons of One Size Pocket Diapers.
- Prestuff pockets are more daddy/nanny friendly as stuffed pockets work like disposables.
- Usually fast drying because the inserts come apart
- Ability to customize absorbency by changing or doubling the inserts
- You may have to pull out nasty insert out to prior to washing. Although some pockets are designed so that it self agitate in the washer.
- It’s bulkier and takes more storage space
- Requires extra time to stuff the pockets before use.